Irrigation Watering RestrictionsWhen can you use your automatic sprinkler system?
Stage 2 Water Restrictions in Effect
In Metro Vancouver, the following restrictions are in effect starting August 4.
See below for links to watering restrictions in other University Sprinklers service areas.
Under Stage 2 water restrictions:
- All lawn watering is prohibited
- Trees, shrubs, and flowers can be watered by hand or using soaker hoses or drip irrigation at any time, or by using a sprinkler between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m. any day
- Vegetable gardens can be watered at any time
- Aesthetic water features, such as fountains, cannot be filled or topped up
- Washing impermeable surfaces like driveways and sidewalks is prohibited except in limited circumstances
Watering Restrictions Outside Metro Vancouver:
Watering Restrictions on Vancouver Island:
- Regional District of Nanaimo
- Cowichan Valley Regional District
- Capital Regional District
- Comox Valley Regional District