Be One Of Our Next Installation ForemenWork Hard, Reap Rewards, Breathe Fresh Air Every Single Day.
Why Work At University Sprinklers?
While irrigation is a seasonal business, our Installation Foremen typically work full time, 11 – 12 months per year.
Do you want to work with an established, reputable and growing company that pays its employees well? Does your ideal job present opportunities for advancement, personal and professional growth and a strong up-side earning potential? Would you appreciate a flexible schedule in our slower season of December through February that allows for the possibility of travel, post secondary, your favourite sports and other lifestyle pursuits?
Does this sound like you?
- You are happy to work outdoors in all weather
- You are physically fit and like to work hard
- You work well in a team, and can communicate with other crew and clients in a positive, respectful, and courteous manner
- You are honest, trustworthy, respectful and presentable
- You are self-motivated and have demonstrated a solid work ethic
- You have a pro-active, hard-working and flexible can-do attitude
- You are 21 years or over.
We are hiring Installation Foremen
University Sprinklers is the largest irrigation and landscape lighting installation and service company in Canada. We have a dedicated team of over 100 employees, offering services to over 10,000 commercial and residential clients, from Whistler to Hope, on the Sunshine Coast and on many of the Gulf Islands. Our head office is in Delta, but we offer service and installation from a network of over 65 decentralized service and installation vehicles.
A strong commitment to quality and customer service fuels our continued annual growth.
Benefits of joining our Foreman Team include...
- Earn $22-30 per hour as a practicing foreman. Earn $20/hour while you train.
- Over-time hours available, but not mandatory
- Weekend, late night and early morning work schedules are available, but not required
- Paid training; in-house and on-the-job, plus industry-specific training and certifications (at our cost)
- Opportunity for quick advancement, with ambitious and professional behavior rewarded
- Dynamic and diverse locations and responsibilities
- A company vehicle and some work clothing provided
- Accommodating scheduling which can allow for travel, play and school during our slower seasons if an individual chooses
Your job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate labour crew activities
- Ensure jobs are completed on time and within budget
- Work alongside labour and helpers
- Supervise labour crew in daily duties, quality & speed
- Determine whether labour crew have the required skills for the job
- Perform quality inspections to ensure that work is progressing satisfactorily
- Communicate University Sprinklers Safety Policy safety procedures to crew and ensure compliance
- Deal with work-related issues that employees may have, such as requests to take leave time or questions about promotions
- Give input on wages and promotion of labour crew
- Potentially pick up labour crew employees on way to job sites
- Track inventory, and purchase and pick up supplies and job-specific materials
- Give progress reports to sales representatives
- Demonstrate an aptitude for practical field / trades work, including physical labour and a basic understanding of plumbing, electrical and landscaping / gardening.
- Clearly communicate installation procedures to customers
- Be professional and courteous at all times.
Are you qualified? Here's what you need:
- Clean driving record
- Experience in a labour position is preferred but not necessary
- Knowledge of installation of irrigation systems and program controllers
- Knowledge of wiring and installing landscape lighting
- Knowledge of glue and installing pipes is valued
- The ability to operate tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- IIABC (Irrigation Association of BC) Certifications are a strong asset, but not necessary
- Construction-related trade experience and/or qualifications are an asset
- You must have a desire to build a career as a Foreman or a future Service Technician
- A basic understanding of computers and applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- We are looking for a high standard of professionalism and character
- High school education is valued, however not necessary
- You need a desire to learn and teach.
University Sprinklers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
Check out our comprehensive benefits package:
- Earn $22-30 per hour as a practicing foreman
- Paid overtime and stat holidays
- Potential for rapid internal promotion to Service roles
- A company-provided cell phone and vehicle
- Paid travel between job sites during the workday
- An annual $500.00 medical allowance to be spent at your discretion
- MSP (BC Medical Services Plan)
- Paid training and education for industry-specific certifications through industry associations like the IIABC
- Company apparel
Installation Foreman Role FAQs
What does my work week look like?
How long is each project?
Can I ask for time-off?
Do I need technical experience to become a Service Technician Trainee?
Does the position require travel outside the local area?
What support does University Sprinklers have to make me successful?
- We have the tools and equipment, either in your vehicle, or at the company headquarters in Delta, to complete any repairs or additions you are scheduled to perform.
- We have a strong training program and mentorship program that will guide you from your first day.
- We have supportive office staff to help with back-end compliance and paperwork.
- We have additional labourers and trained foremen available to assist with large quoted additions.
- We have an internal database and CRM (Customer Relations Management) programs to control costs, profit, and commissions.
- We have built up a solid network of suppliers who will offer you support and product-specific information.
- We have dedicated staff that have a long history in our industry who can offer advice about any type of quoted project you might price out, and who make themselves available to you 24-7.
Will I be driving a company vehicle?
Is travel time paid for?
What is the season?
Our typical season runs mid January to mid December, and in some cases year round for staff that wish to work full time, but that we can also fully accommodate shortened seasons for post-secondary education, travel, etc.