Join Our Irrigation Labour CrewWe are looking for strong, hardworking team players with an outdoor spirit, coupled with drive and commitment.
Why Work At University Sprinklers?
While irrigation is a seasonal business, our Installation Labour Crew typically work full time, 11 – 12 months per year.
Do you want to work with an established, reputable and growing company that pays its employees well?
University Sprinklers offers opportunities for advancement, a flexible seasonal schedule, plus potential for personal and professional growth.
Does this sound like you?
- You are happy to work outdoors in all weather
- You are physically fit and like to work hard
- You work well in a team
- You are honest, trustworthy, respectful and presentable
- You are self-motivated and have demonstrated a solid work ethic
- You have a proactive, hard-working and flexible can-do attitude
- You are 17 years or over.
We are hiring Irrigation Labour
University Sprinklers is the largest irrigation and landscape lighting installation and service company in Canada. We have a dedicated team of over 100 employees, offering services to over 10,000 commercial and residential clients, from Whistler to Hope, on the Sunshine Coast and on many of the Gulf Islands. Our head office is in Delta, but we offer service and installation from a network of over 55 decentralized service and installation vehicles.
A strong commitment to quality and customer service fuels our continued annual growth.
Benefits of joining our Labour Crew team include...
- Earn $20 – $25 per hour as a practicing crew member
- Opportunities for advancement to Installation Foreman and Service Technician roles
- Over-time hours available, but not mandatory
- Paid training; in-house and on-the-job, plus industry-specific training and certifications (at our cost)
- Opportunity for quick advancement, with ambitious and professional behavior rewarded
- Dynamic and diverse locations and responsibilities
- Accommodating scheduling which can allow for travel, play and school during our slower seasons if an individual chooses
Your job duties:
- Trenching and back-filling
- Manual labour
- Assembling sprinkler heads and gluing, cutting, and installing PVC pipe
- Maintaining a tidy work space
- Working in compliance with University Sprinklers’ Safety Policy
- Following Foreman and Sales Representative instructions
- Submitting work time sheets to the Payroll Office
- Arriving at job sites on time
- Communicating clearly with your Foreman
- Being professional and courteous at all times.
Are you qualified? Here's what you need:
- A high standard of professionalism and character
- A willingness to learn on the job and perform
- A willingness to learn to install and program irrigation controllers
- Minimal understanding in wiring and installing landscape lighting
- Experience in a labour position is preferred but not necessary
- A personal vehicle is not necessary, but valued
- The ability to operate tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- The ability to work effectively individually or in a team
- A formal education is valued, but not mandatory
- A desire to learn is appreciated.
University Sprinklers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
Check out our comprehensive package:
- Earn a wage of $20-25 per hour
- Paid overtime and stat holidays
- Potential for rapid internal promotion to Foreman roles
- Paid travel between job sites during the workday
- Paid training and education for industry-specific certifications through industry associations like the IIABC
- Company apparel, and a potential allowance for work gear
- Possibility of company transportation to job sites (not guaranteed)
- Monthly breakfast meetings
Labour Crew Job FAQs
What does my work week look like?
How long is each project?
Can I ask for time off?
How long do people normally stay in the training role?
If I don’t want to stay in Labour Crew, what other roles are available to me?
Can I earn more than the advertised wage?
Yes. Because of the nature of our busy season which is March to September, we often require labour crew to work longer hours and weekends. This is paid as overtime wages.
Does the position require travel outside the local area?
What support does University Sprinklers have to make me successful?
- We have the tools and equipment, either in your vehicle, or at the company headquarters in Delta, to complete any repairs or additions you are scheduled to perform.
- We have a strong training program and mentorship program that will guide you from your first day.
- We have supportive office staff to help with back-end compliance and paperwork.
- We have dedicated, experienced staff who are available 24-7 to advise you about any company-related inquires or issues.
Will I be driving a company vehicle?
Is travel time paid for?
What is the season?
Our typical season runs mid January to mid December, and in some cases year round for staff that wish to work full time, but that we can also fully accommodate shortened seasons for post-secondary education, travel, etc.
What do I need to supply?
It is common for people working at the correct pace to sweat, and be dirty by the end of the day!
And you need steel-toe boots.