Become A University Sprinklers Service TechnicianOnsite training, competitive compensation, room for growth, time for friends and family.
Why Work At University Sprinklers?
In our seasonal service technician position, you can earn full-year income, with the additional potential of more work in the off-season as you choose.
Do you want to work with an established, reputable and growing company that pays its employees well? Does your ideal job present opportunities for advancement, personal and professional growth, a strong up-side earning potential, and flexible schedule that still leaves time for family, post-secondary studies, your favourite sports and other lifestyle pursuits?
Does this sound like you?
- You like spending time outdoors
- You are personable, professional, hard-working and driven
- You possess both a competitive spirit and a team mentality
- You have demonstrated perseverance and commitment
- You are looking to build a long term career in a service-driven environment
- You have a strong desire to learn and teach.
We are actively hiring Service Technicians.
University Sprinklers is the largest irrigation and landscape lighting installation and service company in Canada. We have a dedicated team of over 100 employees, offering services to over 10,000 clients mostly in the Lower Mainland. Our head office is in Delta, but we offer service and installation from a network of over 55 decentralized service and installation vehicles.
A strong commitment to quality and customer service fuels continued annual growth.
Benefits of joining our service team include...
- A strong per hour wage of $28-38 per hour post-training
- A well-defined career and income path
- In-house on-the-job training opportunities
- Continued industry-specific training and certifications (at our cost)
- An uncapped commission structure
- Opportunities for Sales
- Dynamic and diverse locations and responsibilities
- Weekend, late night and early morning work schedules are available, but not mandated.
Your job duties:
- Service, repair & adjustment of irrigation and landscape lighting systems at between 5 and 15 sites per day
- Responsible operation of a company service vehicle, including its maintenance and inventory control / billing
- Professional and courteous interaction with new clients daily
- Management of existing accounts
- Identification and presentation of upgrade options for clients
- Adhering to appointment schedules
- Clear and strong communication with the office / schedulers
- A basic understanding of computers and applications
- An aptitude for practical field / trades work including physical labour, and a basic understanding of plumbing, electrical, landscaping / gardening.
- A professional and courteous representation at all times.
Are you qualified? Here's what you need:
- A clean driving record
- A clean criminal record check
- Grade 12 graduation
- Post-secondary schooling is an asset
- IIABC Certifications are a strong asset
- Construction-related trade experience / qualifications are an asset
- You must have a desire to build a career in service and service-oriented sales
- Prior experience in a service-related industry is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- We are looking for excellent presentation skills, and a high standard of professionalism and character
- You need a desire to learn and teach.
Check out our comprehensive benefits package:
- A strong per hour training wage of between $22-26 per hour (based on each applicant’s skill set)
- An even stronger per hour wage of $27-30 per hour once training is complete
- Senior service technicians earn up to $38/hour
- Paid overtime and stat holidays
- Up-side commissions on all upgrades sold to clients
- A percentage of materials billed throughout year
- An annual $500.00 medical allowance to be spent at your discretion
- MSP (BC Medical Services Plan) paid
- Company apparel
- Training and education for industry-specific certifications through industry associations like the IIABC
Service Technician Role FAQs
How big is University Sprinklers?
What does a typical day for a Service Technician look like?
- You download your schedule for the day from our secure database, using a company-supplied smartphone or laptop
- You travel from site to site according to your schedule, remaining mindful of appointments and the current time.
- You perform the required repairs / work at each appointment as indicated by the schedule, AND identify and offer upgrade opportunities to the client if possible. Either complete the scheduled work at that time, or complete part of it as your timing allows.
- Communicate your work done, parts used, necessity of a return visit, client concerns, and any other issues by entering this information into the company database, either on the road or at the end of each day.
What is the office environment like?
Outdoor work is invigorating and ever-changing. From beautiful warm summer days, to crisp fall and spring mornings, and even rainy wet days, each day will bring a change of scene. In addition to changing weather, you will also switch up your view, location, and customers daily.
How long do people normally stay in a service role?
If I don’t want to stay in Service, what other roles are available to me?
Do you provide benefits?
Can I earn a commission?
When is the service season?
What support does University Sprinklers offer to make me successful?
- We have the tools and equipment, either in your vehicle, or at the company headquarters in Delta, to complete any repairs or additions you are scheduled to perform.
- We have a strong training program and mentorship program that will guide you from your first day.
- We have supportive office staff to help with back-end compliance and paperwork.
- We have additional labourers and trained foremen available to assist with large quoted additions.
- We have an internal database and CRM (Customer Relations Management) programs to control costs, profit, and your commissions.
- We have built up a solid network of suppliers who will offer you support and product-specific information.
- We have dedicated staff that have a long history in our industry who can offer advice about any type of quoted project you might price out, and who make themselves available to you 24-7.
How is the schedule created?
Can I ask for a day off, or time off?
Who would I report to in the office?
Does the position require travel outside the local area?
Can I relocate my work area if I move?
Will I be driving a company vehicle?
Is travel time paid for?
What do I need to supply?
And you need steel-toe boots.