Effective September 10, Metro Vancouver has lifted Stage Three Watering Restrictions, and we are back to Stage Two. Here’s what they look like:
Lawn sprinkling is permitted once a week in the morning but prohibited during evening hours when demand is highest. Water use is also prohibited for public and commercial fountains and water features.
- For residences, even-numbered addresses may water their lawn between 4-9 a.m. on Monday, and odd-numbered addresses may water between 4-9 a.m. on Thursday
- For non-residential property, even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns between 1-6 a.m. on Wednesday, and odd-numbered addresses may water lawns between 1-6 a.m. on Tuesday
- Municipal parks must also follow the once-weekly lawn sprinkling times
Reset your timer so that your lawns are being watered during your scheduled weekly time:
- Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns only Monday mornings 4 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns only Thursday mornings 4 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns only Wednesday mornings 1 a.m. – 6 a.m.
- Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns only Tuesday mornings 1 a.m. – 6 a.m.
You can find instructions to reset your timer via our Timer Manual Page. Also, here are three videos from Rain Bird, explaining how to program one of their more common timers, the ESP-Me Series Sprinkler Timer:
If you can differentiate your lawn from your garden when you irrigate:
While almost every system has more than one zone, some systems are designed with different zones for grass and gardens – and sometimes even different zones for hanging baskets. These systems are generally more costly and allow independent timing (both different durations , start times, and days) between the various zones. If you have such a system, you can alter the timing so that grass zones water once per week on your allotted days, and garden zones water more frequently. It should be noted that the Stage Two Water Restrictions still allow for unrestricted watering of garden beds. If your system does not have separate zones for gardens and grass areas, they can be altered for separation to allow for the above independent control – give our office a call if you are interested in the cost of this investment / upgrade.
Please call our office if we can be of further assistance.