Abbotsford Floats Irrigation Efficiency Rebate Pilot Program
The Abbotsford Mission Water & Sewer Commission is piloting a rebate program for improving outdoor water use efficiency for properties on their regional water system. This will be accomplished by improving irrigation system efficiencies and by retrofitting landscapes with water wise plant species.
Improved Irrigation System Efficiency Pilot Project
An irrigation system efficiency rebate of $500 is available for approved projects with a total cost of $1500 or more. To qualify, the irrigation system upgrade must improve irrigation efficiency by a minimum of 15%, through a variety of methods, including:
- Replacing rotors and spray heads with rotators, drip or microspray systems
- Ensuring sprinklers are properly spaced and have matched precipitation
- Installing a new time clock with program adjustment capability using remote sensors
- Installing rain sensors, climate monitoring sensors or soils moisture sensors
- Pressure reduction and backflow preventor
- Setting the irrigation controller for an appropriate time schedule and providing the homeowner with appropriate technical guidance.
Your irrigation contractor must also be an approved IIABC Contractor with a Certified Irrigation Scheduler on staff. University Sprinkler Systems meets both these criteria.
There is also some paperwork involved, and only 15 projects are being considered for this pilot project by the commission at this time, so if you are interested, please call our office ASAP at 604-421-4555, or email Whalen Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: there is also a $250 rebate for the use of water wise landscape materials and soil amendments. As an example, replacing turf with water wise plants in front lawns would apply. An irrigation upgrade must be done at the same time as the landscape upgrade. Ask for details!